------cases in spanish -----------
v. (National Brokerage Firm) Securities
hollywood producer of “Gettysburg”,
“Milagro Beanfield War” and owner of cable television distributor
against major Securities Brokerage firm regarding negligent failure
to transfer shelf registration/restricted stock. $3,276,815.00
litigation regarding North American Free Trade Agreement and
Mexican Trucking Industry. Prepared all Briefs including Dist.
of Columbia, D.C. Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court Brief for Writ
Vehicle Accident Cases; $12,000,000.00 and $7,600,000.00.
Comprehensive work-up and settlement.
- Defective Tire/SUV case, took and defended
expert depositions in New York City, Chicago, Akron OH and
Denver (confidential resolution).
- Seattle, WA
Bus accident, [Product liability, Quadriplegic (confidential
resolution)]. Litigation in King County Superior Court.
- Navarette v. Green Valley Agriculture/Oropeza:
14 Farmworker Death Case. National and International media
exposure. Resulted in change in statutory law in California:
multimillion dollar settlement.
- Member of Lead Counsel Steering Committee in numerous party action
in re Texaco Refinery Explosion cases (Long Beach
- Product Liability/negligence; had expert invent alternative
feasible design, $2,100,000.00. Insurance Bad Faith,
- Complex Third Party Liability/Claimed Workers’ Comp. Exclusive
Remedy Defense case involving 3rd degree burn injury
[Mission Impossible III explosion case (Confidential
- Lead Trial counsel for complex birth asphyxia case in Seattle, WA
for six week jury trial.
- Medical Malpractice: obtained jury verdict on liability after 2 ½
week trial, then settled, $1,000,000.00 + $900,000.00 previous
- Commercial Truck v. Auto
wrongful death $3,500,000.00 settlement.
- Civil Rights Police Shooting; Propane Gas Explosion;
Multi-Plaintiff Employment Discrimination; Toxic Exposure;
maritime/negligence/product design and accident cases with high
six and seven figure results.
Handled cases on Admission Pro Hac Vice in Washington, Oregon,
Arizona, D.C., and Texas. State and Federal court practice in
Southern, Central and Northern California. Numerous plaintiffs’
cases with high six and seven figure settlements.